anniversary, plus Kayleen got a new job. Later that month her sister gave birth to their first boy, Lily was born the next month, Kayleen turned 30 in August, and then in September little William came into our lives. We blessed him in November and the first full week in December, Kayleen went back to work only to have to take me into the ER December 10. My first MRI (and hopefully my last) was a trial of patience and faith, and endurance, followed by a whole lot of vomiting. At least we left knowing what was wrong even though the steroid injection did almost nothing.
We returned to the ER on December 12 because I couldn't sleep the night of the 11th. I couldn't even stand to lie down on the bed. There was no comfortable position lying, sitting or standing. Kayleen had to head to work that morning and the pain became excruciating. Debbie drove me to the ER, Dr. Torres attended to me that day and admitted me to the Surgical floor for pain control until I could have my surgery the next day. As for the details between me being admitted until a few hours after the surgery you'll have to ask Shelley and Kayleen because I only have bits and pieces from a few Facebook posts and text messages. Thank goodness for pain pumps.
<-----Me on a morphine pump.

Once I got home I started to realize just how much I was going to need the pain meds. Lindsay and Shelley got to see how bad it was that Friday.


I knew the surgery had done it's job because I don't remember pushing the pain button the rest of the time I was in the hospital. I did my own vital signs and gave them to the nurses. I was definitely chomping at the bit to get out of there the next morning.
<------Still on a morphine pump
Once I got home I started to realize just how much I was going to need the pain meds. Lindsay and Shelley got to see how bad it was that Friday.
<-----Still coming out of the anesthesia.
<-----Completely out of the anesthesia.
I'm so glad things went so well with the surgery. I'm glad I've been cleared to pick him up and carry him. And I'm so glad I've had all this time to bond with him. I'm slowly getting off the pain meds. Today I only took half a pill and I'm hoping to continue this trend.
We've been getting the bills this last week. The surgery itself cost in excess of $21,000 (still don't have the anesthesia bill), the hospital stay was 23,000 just for 2 nights. my 1st ER bill came with a note saying that we don't owe anything because we already met our out of pocket. That bill was over $4,000. The 2 night stay one said we only owed $20. Thank goodness for insurance.
We'll i'll try to be better at posting more frequently.
No comments:
Post a Comment